What Is a Subluxation?
A subluxation occurs when one or more bones move out of position, creating pressure or irritating the body’s nerves. Such pressure or irritation can cause interference in the signals traveling to the rest of one’s body, and may result in an inability of the body to function optimally. Subluxations can be the consequence of a single traumatic event, for example, slipping and falling, or from repetitive stress, such as sitting in an incorrect position at the computer for an extended period of time. In either case, injured tissues undergo physical and chemical changes that can cause inflammation, pain, and diminished function.
What Is an Adjustment?
A chiropractic adjustment is a procedure in which force is applied (whether manually or with a light-force tool) to a restricted joint in order to restore motion. The goal of a chiropractic adjustment is to correct structural alignment, improve your body’s physical function, decrease pain, and relieve muscle spasm.
Chiropractic Care Can Help With:
- Headaches (migraine, cluster, tension)
- Jaw pain (TMJ dysfunction)
- Neck Pain (whiplash, torticollis, tension, strains)
- Mid-back pain (intercostal or rib pain, non-surgical hiatal hernia)
- Lower back pain (stenosis, sprain/strain, sciatica)
- Pain/numbness/tingling radiating into arms or legs
- Extremity pain (shoulder/rotator cuff pain, tennis/golfer’s elbow, carpel tunnel,
hip pain, knee pain, ankle pain, and plantar fasciitis)
- Disc degeneration/osteoarthritis
- Bulging discs, herniated discs
- Spinal/pelvic imbalance from pregnancy
- Sports injuries
While Chiropractic Care is known for alleviating pain, it provides other benefits as well. Chiropractic Care improves nervous system function and can also help patients who suffer from:
- Bedwetting (enuresis)
- Digestive disorders
- Ear infections
- Premenstrual symptoms
- Sinus congestion
- Urinary frequency/urgency
Who Can Benefit from Chiropractic Care?
Everyone! We treat patients ranging in age from newborn to the elderly.
Why Choose Firestone Chiropractic & Wellness for Chiropractic Care?
Dr. Firestone and Dr. Thomas utilize a combination of techniques when treating patients, in order to achieve optimal results. Each patient’s treatment is individually tailored to his or her specific needs. The Doctors do not only adjust the spine, but also work intensively on muscles (trigger points), which will help hold the adjustment. This multi-faceted approach enhances her ability to treat patients’ dysfunctions and thus improve their quality of life.
- Light force – adjusting tool (no “cracking”)
- Muscle testing/Applied Kinesiology
- Cranial adjustment
- Drop table
- Trigger point